Sourdough Grissini ( thin crunchy bread sticks)
Every time I make these I wonder way I don't make them more often. Crunchy and delicious add some basil and thyme with parmesan cheese some good salt and pepper like I did on one batch.
On the other batch I put hot chilies and parmesan cheese with fleur de sal. Just add what you like. I always say that because some things are not set in stone. you should add to your taste.
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup sourdough starter, I fed mine the day before and I only used 3/4 cup and it was fine.
you can cut the recipe in half if you like.
1. Combine dough ingredients in a bowl and briefly mix by hand or with a mixer
2. Turn out the dough onto your counter or a board, knead my hand for about 5 to 8 minutes. Adding more flour only as needed.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover and let rise for about 2 hours.
4. After the rise time divide the dough into 3 equal pieces.
5. On a well floured surface use one part at a time, pat dough or roll into a 12 x 4 inch long rectangle.
6. Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle on you toppings. Pat them in lightly.
7. Cut the dough into thin strips with a pizza cutter or knife.
8. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
9. Pick up each dough strip at it's ends and lay on parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and crisp.
Keep an eye on these they can burn if they are very thin.